Faded Line...

02.01.09
As many of you already know, Damon and I are planners. So we had decided that after one year of marriage we would start trying to have a family. With the start date in mind, it appeared that we would get our first results of a pregnancy test around the 25th of January. And thanks to Santa (aka Mom Woods) we were already prepared with 3 home pregnancy tests that were given to us as a hint of Santa's obvious desire for more grandkids. So of course knowing that January 25th should produce some viable results, I took a test on the 23rd ; ) I couldn't help it...I just didn't want to wait any more. After 3 minutes I looked at the test and saw this incredibly faint line. So I wondered, could it be, am I pregnant? I decided not to tell Damon at this point and instead hit the Internet. I read about the faded line and most sites stated that this was often too soon to tell if it is a viable pregnancy and often faded lines will end in early pregnancy loss...bummer. But it also said that it just may be too soon to detect a strong amount of the HCG hormone and to wait several days to a week and test again. So what do I do...I try again the next morning ; ) Again, patience will have to be something I learn later.
I guess I didn't quite learn my lesson the first time. Although the second test was a little darker it was still very faint. I decided to tell Damon this time. He seemed supportive, but hesitant to get excited. I explained to him that a faded line still meant we had the pregnancy hormone, but that it is still too early to tell if it's going to stick. So of course he, being the rational one, said that I shouldn't get excited until I got a darker line. It is a good thing my mom bought us a three pack! Now during this time I was starting to feel pregnant. I would have short bouts of nausea and was incredibly fatigued, but I thought perhaps I was creating my own psychosomatic symptoms. So I decided to wait until my birthday (Jan 29th) to take the next test. Of course, as history has proven I can't wait, so I got to the 27th and tried again...
and BAM! Solid maroon line! No doubts there. We are pregnant. Of course I took this test at 5 in the morning because I was already having an increased need to use the ladies room and they say to take it during your first morning visit to the bathroom....so, I figured this would be our best chance. Once I saw the line I immediately started sobbing (due to joy!) and walked into our bedroom waking Damon up. I told him the good news and showed him the definite positive. He expressed that he was very excited, but I could tell he was eager to get back to bed...not exactly how I pictured telling him the good news...I always imagined doing something cute and creative like wrapping the test or a rattle or anything other then sobbing to him while he was trying to sleep. Oh well, maybe with the next one ; )

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the blogging world! It's addicting :-)

    Cute story too! And, you think you're impatient? Ha! I had a faint line too, and instead of waiting a day or so like you, I waited just a few minutes between mine. I think I ended up taking 3 or 4 in one afternoon.

    Congrats again!

    ReplyDelete