Swinging!

02.12.2011
About 8 or 9 years ago on vacation I bought a hammock swing for my house. I was so excited to get it, but when I got home I realized I had no real place to put it up. I didn't have any sturdy trees and I certainly didn't trust my construction skills well enough to hang it up from my ceiling. I held onto the hammock because I really did want to use it one day....and that day has finally come. The weather lately has been perfect and I was outside hanging out with Brodie when I had the thought "I wish I had somewhere to sit outside...like a hammock" and remembered the gem that I had been holding onto for all these years. I got out my handy step stool out and pretty soon I was sitting in the hammock enjoying the swing. Unfortunately Brodie thinks it is really funny to spin mommy around and around - and that doesn't work well with my tendency for motion sickness. Here is a picture of Ellie in the swing : )
And not to be out done by his sister, Brodie has now started climbing into her swing!!!! I left the room to use the restroom and this is what I came back to! I had to laugh - but I sure hope he doesn't break it!

No comments:

Post a Comment