26 weeks!

06.28.2009So another delay on posting my biweekly belly pictures, but better late than never. On Thursday 06.25.2009 we hit 26 weeks and I had my monthly appointment. Ironically, my sister who is 21 weeks and also goes to the same practice (she actually recommended it to me) unknowingly made an appointment directly after mine the same day with the same doctor, so we decided to go together. Not something that many people get to experience : ) Everything looked good for both my sister and me. This week the baby's heart rate was 140 and I was measuring at 26, so we are right on track. The baby is moving a lot now and the movement is much stronger, which is so exciting. Sometimes I just sit and watch my belly move. I still have been feeling really good overall, with a couple of days where I felt a bit under the weather, but generally still feeling really lucky! Right now I am doing all my research and getting ready to register, which is feeling a little overwhelming. I have had a lot of my mom friends help, but there is soooo much to consider! I have also started my readings on natural childbirth. I am pretty convinced right now that this is the way I would like to go, but I need to get through the books first and make sure my doctors will be on board. I have a friend that went naturally and she said it was amazing - painful, but amazing. I know most people probably think I am nuts, but it is just a personal choice and something that I would like to do for me : ) We'll see.

2 comments:

  1. i had a tiny bit of demoral (spelling?) with each of you girls and nothing with casey. can't compare it to anyone who had an epiderol. however, i don't remember an overwhelming feeling as i delivered any of you because i was not medicated. it was just a relief to finally have delivered and know you were all healthy. my vote - if it appears it is going to be a long labor get an epiderol! I was more afraid of the needle than the pain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jess, I agree with your mom about the epidural. I had one for my c-section and it was fine. I didn't even see the needle, and it didn't hurt at all.

    If you go natural though, props to you! I don't think I ever could :-)

    You are beautiful pregnant too!!! Keep coming w/ the updates.

    ReplyDelete