Our New Pool!

06.22.2009
Damon and I have put a lot of work into our house and we are very pleased with how it has come out, but there is one thing we are missing and that's a pool. It's hard to live in FL without a pool - especially being 6 months pregnant.


Yesterday it was terribly hot...again, so I made my typical comment that Damon should dig me a pool - and being father's day (and a ridiculously unachievable job), he declined. So I offered another suggestion of buying a portable pool and he said YES! So off to Walmart I went in search of a blow up pool. When I got to the store, there was one left in the ideal size for our patio, so I snatched it up. As soon as we got home we began blowing it up and adding water. We finished just in time for a quick dip before it got dark.

This morning Damon headed over to the pool store to buy some chemicals to keep the pool clean. The guy asked how big the pool was and when Damon said 650 gallons, the guy laughed - what a jerk - not the best way to keep a customer. True, we are the atypical customer, but you still have to keep the pool up even when it's only 8 feet wide : )

This afternoon we spent some more time in the pool. What a great way to spend a lunch break! Our little pool is perfect for our little house...and I am one happy girl. It is even big enough to float in a raft! It does just the trick! And if I want to do laps, I can always go to my sister's or parent's house. But for now, we are so excited to just be able to just run outside and cool off! Definitely a great investment! Also, if anyone else is interested in doing the same thing - make sure you get it at Walmart where it is $50 and not Target where they sell the same exact pool for $100!


6 comments:

  1. Are you going to birth the baby in it? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the pool, btw. and SERIOUSLY... if you're going to keep it full, make sure Damon keeps up with the chlorine, it will get slimy REALLY fast otherwise!!! xoxo.

    ReplyDelete