Shopping

02.10.2011
We don't go out too much - other than to the park or the gym, but when we do it's usually to go shopping. Typically the stores we hit are either Publix or Target. The kids are almost always on their best behaviors as long as the shopping trips aren't too long (unlike when I was going Xmas shopping and hitting like 3-5 stores per day...ugh).

(Here is us at Publix...Brodie's hair was NOT spiked by mommy...it was actually how he woke up that day after wiping his maple syrup infested hands through his hair shortly before his nap...lol)

Recently we went to Ikea because I had an item I needed to return. Unfortunately my dogs had gotten into my purse and chewed up a pile of receipts so I couldn't return it and had to get store credit. I guess this is good and bad. Bad - returning for cash is always preferred. Good - my consolation prize was SHOPPING AT IKEA! YAY! I was worried about how the trip would go. We went in the morning before nap time and when I got there Brodie had fallen asleep in the car. It was still a couple hours before his typical nap time so I worried that he was going to be cranky the whole time. I had a bunch of blankets in the car, so I threw them in the bottom of the cart so he could lay down (and perhaps finish his nap). He began by laying down, but before long he was up and excited about being at Ikea. We had an awesome time at Ikea and the kids were so good! We even stopped at the kid zone in the cafeteria to eat lunch! Shopping was successful too. We got a few baby props, a new table and chairs for Brodie (and Ellie), and some items for the kitchen. And when we got home Brodie still took a full nap! Yay SUCCESS : )

(Our trip to Ikea)

1 comment: